The Youth Career Center is designed to give young adults preparation and services in a youth friendly environment with a high energy staff. The NSYCC is focused on improving the opportunities for the Youth to enter the workforce.
The NSYCC serves anyone between the ages of 14 and 21.
To join the Youth Career Center Click here fill out the form and stop into a Career Center
The Services Offered by the Youth Career Center will help you:
Develop your skills and better your chances at obtaining employment by:
- Providing training assistance
- Providing scholarships to get into educational programs leading to employment (Eligibility Requirements)
- Offering programs for out- of-school youth including GED services and MCAS remedial referrals
- Meeting with youth one-on-one to get young adults to plan out their career path
- Connecting students with the world of work through Connecting Activities. Students are shown how the skills and knowledge they learn in school are transferable to the workplace
Qualify for a new job or a better job by:
- Developing your job skills
- Preparing your resume
- Participating in our interviewing skills workshops and job readiness workshop
- Researching internships, job shadowing and apprenticeships
Last but not least, find the perfect job by:
- Matching your strengths and skills with jobs where you can use your talents
- Receiving job search assistance
- Using our fax machines, copier, telephones and the internet
- Participating in our summer jobs programs
- Picking up our list of employers who hire youth
- Referrals to JOBCORP, which is a residential program designed to give youth ages 16-24 the opportunity to obtain vocational training, GED and job placement assistance.
If you have additional questions, please consult the FAQ, or contact us by telephone or in person.